Mold is an extremely common problem that the majority of homeowners have to face at least once in their lifetime. Some homeowners are unaware they have a mold problem because they don’t know the signs to look for. There are some definite signs and symptoms that indicate that there is a mold infestation in your home and you need to call for mold remediation. Some obvious signs include:
- Cracked wallpaper
- Mold growing on the ceilings and walls
- A damp and musty smell
- Dampness in certain areas of the house
- Mold growing on furniture
- Mold spots on clothing or other places
Health issues associated with the presence of mold:
Not only does mold affect your home and personal belongings, but it can also affect your health. If you or any member of your family is experiencing any of the following symptoms, it could be due to mold growing within your house.
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat.
- Lung damage – this is only in extreme cases of long-term exposure.
- Fever-like symptoms.
- Excessive sneezing and coughing.
- Watery eyes and runny nose.
If anyone is experiencing any of the symptoms, it is important that you contact a mold specialist for mold removal services.